Please contact me 2 ways (BOTH)
1) Come in and see me (also a good chance to give me what is
2) After that (or before depending) send me an email. Either use:
firstname.lastname@example.org OR schoolloop
What I want to know about the
1) What is the name of it? What is the deadline for applying?
(keep in mind that normal turnaround is at least 2 weeks, if you
need something less than that, you must tell me in person!)
2) What is the purpose of it? (if a college, any idea of major?)
3) Why do you want to go *there* or do that specific thing?
---If a college, why do you have the interest you have?
What I want to know about YOU:
1) Name (obviously :P)
2) What year you were in my class and which semester(s)?
3) What is 1 (or 2) thing(s) you especially enjoyed about the
class? (Certain topic? Group work? Labs?) Be specific, it makes
a letter better.
4) What clubs/activities have you been involved with? Either at
school or outside school. If you have been an officer or leader,
please say how.
If your recommendation is for something science related, then
please also give me the following:
1) What science courses have you taken at Lowell? (just list the
2) Why do you like science? What are you most passionate
3) What have you done outside of classes to pursue your
interest in science (clubs, talks, etc)
Please feel free to attach other information (Ex: personal
statements) if you feel like that information will help me out.
Generally you want a letter that is the most personalized it can
be. If you don't give me information, you will get a generic letter.